Before the start of class you must attend the Data Engineering 101 pre-enrollment course and turn in the Data Engineering 101 code reviews. This course will be taught live (remotely).
Before the beginning of class, please also:
- Set up a gmail account (for access to online tools like Colab notebooks).
- Secure financing if needed.
- Make sure your computer, mic, camera, and workstation are ready for class.
The program is 25 weeks long, 30 hours/week. It’s broken down into 17 weeks of core curriculum, 2 weeks of career training, and a required 6-week internship.
Monday-Thursday is live online instruction and pair programming, and Friday is an independent code review.
Tuition, Fees, and Refunds
Tuition options are:
- Standard tuition: $11,500
This is the standard tuition if you choose to pay using financing options with one of our financing partners.
- Up-front discount: $9,775
Discounted tuition if you choose to pay in full before the start of the class.
- Scholarship tuition: $1,000
Scholarships are awarded to qualifying applicants on the Tuesday before the start of class. Students who apply for but are not awarded scholarships are responsible for paying tuition with either of the other two options.
All students (including scholarship students) are responsible for paying a $50 registration fee to cover enrollment and admin costs. This is due before 8am PST on the first day of class. A student’s seat is not reserved until the enrollment agreement is signed and the registration fee is paid. This is non-refundable unless registration is canceled in writing within five days of signing this form.
Refunds and Cancellation Policy
If a student chooses to leave the program permanently, they will be refunded according to the following schedule:
- The $50 registration fee will not be refunded unless enrollment is cancelled in writing within five days of signing the enrollment agreement.
- If the student attended classes, tuition will be prorated for the amount of time they attended.
- In the case of a student attending multiple cohorts before withdrawing permanently, tuition will be prorated based on the cohort that was attended the longest.
Students must state their intent to withdraw from the program in writing, via email, to email@example.com. Students are considered enrolled in the program until the timestamp on their intent to withdraw email. Refunds will be paid within 30 days of receiving notice to withdraw.
Prorating is based only on the coursework part of the program, excluding the internship. Students who used a financing option may have to work with the financing company for a refund.
If a student chooses to leave the program permanently and later wants to re-enroll, they will have to pay full tuition and start from the beginning. However, they can waive the admissions process.
A student can pause enrollment at any time, for any reason. They can choose to pick up where they left off with the next cohort, or they may start from the beginning. If more than six months elapse between the student pause enrollment and re-enrolling, they are required to backtrack three units prior to the point where they left off. Students who backtrack are expected to participate, attend class, and turn in code reviews like any other student. When re-enrolling, the student has a clean slate of absences, tardies, and academic warning passes.
Students are allowed to pause enrollment three times before they must begin the enrollment process, pay full tuition, and start at the beginning of the program as a new student.
If a student would like to pause enrollment, they must email their instructors clearly stating their intent. Students who financed tuition through Mia Share or Meritize should arrange a repayment plan with their financing company.
Data Stack Academy
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Any further questions regarding this enrollment agreement should be directed to the Higher Education Coordinating Commission, Private Career Schools Unit, Salem, Oregon.
By signing below, I affirm that I understand this is a legally binding document, that I have read and understand all aspects of this agreement and recognized my legal responsibilities in regard to this contract, and that I:
- Acknowledge that I have read and agree to abide by Data Stack Academy’s Course Syllabus and Policies.
- Will honor the code of conduct outlined in the student handbook, to be attentive during class, try in good faith to do the work, and help my classmates to the best of my ability.
- Intend to enroll in the cohort starting at the date written below.
- Will complete the pre-work course before the start of class.
- Will pay the $50 registration fee below.
- Will pay tuition or set up a payment plan before the start of class.
- Am at least 18 years old.
- Am legally permitted to work in the United States.
Please retain a copy of this agreement for your records. It will also be kept on file for the school.
Data Stack Academy prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by Data Stack Academy.